Friday, December 17, 2010

Lessons lie in challenges


One major lesson I learned this year, and am still learning, is how to be patient. I'm horrible with patience. I've never had a lick of it. I'm impulsive by nature, and it just doesn't seem to go with that innate characteristic.

But I am learning now. Trying to go through unemployment with a strong head and an optimistic view is tough! After being unemployed these 4 months (thank you Congress for extending the unemployment), I've learned that sometimes an interview doesn't get you a job. I've learned you can't even count on being the top candidate - sometimes circumstances don't lead to a job. And that all has led to patience. Patience waiting for that next call, and looking at it as just an interview, not a chance for a job. I've learned that I can't just jump into something. I've learned that being bored as hell at home doesn't mean I need to go get a retail job - I would lose my unemployment.

So patience. Patience is a virtue I still don't hold, but it's getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment