Sunday, February 27, 2011

Get yer ass outdoors


Well, you knew it all along. The treadmill gets a bad rap for a reason. "Compared with exercising indoors, exercising in natural environments was associated with greater feelings of revitalisation, increased energy and positive engagement, together with decreases in tension, confusion, anger and depression." That's right, not only do you get the benefits of exercising by doing it outdoors, but you're more likely to be happier afterwards than your treadmill cousins.

Do you think this will encourage me? Well, I'm so out of shape now that I worry about running outside. Will I have the energy to get back home? I always push myself and then drag-ass back home. Should I take it outside? The treadmill sure is boring. But I've been on it every other day for a week. It's getting to be a habit, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment