Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flying in


I'm feeling nervous about tomorrows interview, so I bought some shoes. I know, I know. I'm unemployed and my state check hasn't come yet, so I'm broke, but shoes make everything better. They're cute little pumps in a light grey color that will nicely compliment a few pieces I have. I swear, I looked in my closet first to see what I "needed." Granted, 90% of my shoes are in storage, but I went by memory. I also got some brown flats. I have grey and black, and you can never have too many flats.

I'm flying up north tomorrow for the interview and I've really put a lot of psychic energy into it. I don't want the job I interviewed for yesterday. Well, I'll take it, but I'm not quite sure it's the best fit. But hell, sometimes you never know. It could be the best job ever.

But this job up north seems like a better job, though the pay is probably less. I would get to move to a new city where I know a couple people and spread my wings again. I feel so stifled here, like I already have a persona and I need to live up (or down) to it. I feel like people think they know me and expect certain behaviors. I just want to be me. I want to throw parties for random holidays. I want to stay in and, well, can't cuddle with the dog anymore, but you know, watch baseball or something.

So I have a lot riding on how much they like me, and how quickly they can move. I think I'll hear from the other place next week or the week after, and so it's going to be a big decision. I'm not sure they'll take me, but if they ask I'll have to say yes. I need out of this apartment, whether it's one town up or 4 states.

No comments:

Post a Comment