Saturday, March 5, 2011

Homesick


Going to so many interviews they all ask how I liked living out on the other coast. "I loved it," I'll say, and then talk about why I came home. Like I had a choice. The more I have to talk about it, the more I'm really "homesick" for that place. I miss those people. I miss my apartment. I miss my dog, the beach, the wineries, the city, the adventures I used to have.

But I know some of it is being sad for my loss of independence. To me, now, that time in my life reflects a period where I was able to form boundaries from my family. I was able to become an adult - to grow up. And now I've regressed. I'm living at home and I'm stuck here, like a child.

So, yeah, I miss it. I'm pissed that I had to leave like I did. I'm pissed that I have to be here still after 6 months. I'm stressed about all of it and I just want my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment