Saturday, March 5, 2011

A raise of confidence


So I think my interview up north went well. It was freezing there, but that's fine by me. I'd rather cold weather than hot. I met with 6 people in 4 different meetings throughout the afternoon. I met with the women who would be my boss and her boss, and the people I would be managing. They all seemed like interesting and nice folks, and the people I would be managing showed just how frustrated they are. It would be my job to raise morale a bit, and make their lives a little easier. I think I could do it. I'm really good at fighting for what I think is right and supporting other people. I think that would translate into great management.

And then I lose my confidence for a minute and freak out. I checked the job boards this morning and that job popped up as recently posted. I don't know if that's a sign, or if HR just posted it not knowing I'd come in already. But it makes me nervous. So I applied to 3 more jobs just in case.

The other job around here I should hear from this week, and I hope they say no. I really don't want to work there, but I feel like I can't turn it down. I'm getting back to settled in this life (as in, I've stopped freaking out that I have to get out of here now), and so I hope I can be a little picky. I don't want a job I don't even like going into it.

What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment