Tuesday, November 23, 2010

36 hours down


It's been 36 hours since I quit smoking. Apparently my blood pressure should be back to normal, and the nicotine should almost be out of my system. All I can think about is smoking a cigarette. I'm bored, and my dad isn't here, which is a recipe for cigarettes. But instead, my friend Don is coming over for lunch, and we're going to hang out and not smoke. He doesn't smoke, so that's easy.

I'm not eating the lozenges because they taste like cherry chalk, which is disgusting. And the nicotine in them made my stomach hurt the one time I tried them. Maybe I can sell them on Craigslist just to try and recoup some of my money.

Hopefully it will get easier to resist temptation and I'll be able to be around cigarettes without the incredible urge to bum one. If I can do it in this time of stress, then I can stay smoke free forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment