Monday, November 22, 2010

The last cigarette


I haven't had a cigarette all day, despite having an interview and going out to a big lunch. I'm stuffed, and that usually means cigarette. But last night I took the last two, crushed them, and threw them in the trash can. I haven't gotten rid of my lighters yet because I want to give them away. I just bought them, and there's no point in wasting them. I may throw one in my dad's match collection, too, just to have it for candles and stuff.

No, that's not an excuse. I thought about it already, and I do use my lighter a lot besides smoking. So I'll keep one around and get rid of the other ones.

Not smoking is hard. Everything is associated with smoking. Walking is the worst, or waiting. I used smoking to kill time. I knew it took 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette, so if I had 10 minutes to kill I knew I could go in early, after my cigarette. I have urges to smoke, but I know they'll pass. I think it's supposed to get worse before it gets better, but two people today have told me I smell like girl instead of smoke, so that's a benefit already.

No comments:

Post a Comment