Sunday, November 21, 2010

Look at those gums


"Our research shows that strong, negative graphic imagery -- and fear evoked from such imagery -- influences smokers' intentions to quit."

So they think it works! You should take a look at some of the images - gross. I bet carrying around a pack with gum cancer on it would be pretty awful. I bet there'll be a run on cigarette pack holders. Granted, some of the reasons I want to quit have to do with health, but it's not my driving motivation. What is my motivation? Good question.

I don't want to smell gross when Adam hugs me. I don't want to track smoke into the house for my dad to smell. I don't want to waste so much money. I want to be able to run better. Good reasons, eh? I think so.

Ah, the Adam factor. He's always there. Do I do things just to make him love me? Sometimes I think I do. I just want him to be proud of me. He asked me tonight if he should go away, if that would make it better. Maybe it would, but being far away from him made me want him more. Being close to him is giving me perspective on the situation. Being close and just hanging out reminds me how nice that is - that we don't have to do anything or have a relationship outside of that. I think being without him as a friend would just make me obsess, and losing someone so close to me would be terribly difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment