Monday, November 22, 2010

AA meetings make me want to smoke


I just looked up some meeting times up north for turkey day. I hope they still have them that day. I will need one because of all the booze that will be around me. I'm so used to standing on the porch in the cold and smoking and drinking. Now I'll have to go to a meeting to get away.

I should go to a meeting tonight, but as I said, I'm worried about bumming a cigarette. By now, since it's been about 24 hours, it will taste bad, but that's never stopped me before. An ex of mine commented earlier that I was pretty good about not smoking while we were dating, and I think that's cause he didn't smoke or really drink. I did both while at the bar, but not necessarily around him. Perhaps I just have to hang out with people who don't smoke, which is great cause none of my friends smoke except Jennifer, and she's only an occasional smoker. And she lives 3,000 miles away, now.

So maybe I'll go to a meeting and just bail out early so I don't run into the smokers? Maybe I'll just stay here and sweat it out a little more. I don't want to call my sponsor because she'll tell me to go to a meeting and I don't want to. Ah, childish, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment