Monday, November 22, 2010

Stop quitting


Apparently we're all bad at staying on our meds. "Only one in every five patients properly completes their treatment," say the researchers. Apparently you have to wait 6 months to see if your drugs work, and people go off of them before then for all sorts of reasons.

I have a friend on anti-depressants who is experiencing some of the more crappy side effects. He's kind of ok with it, though, which I don't know if I could be. I already have a few side effects I'm none too happy with. I bet new drugs would do it, but he probably just needs the Prozac and nothing heavier. I'm going to see the doc next Monday, so we'll see what he says. He might up the Abilify because of the creeping depression, but I hope he doesn't. I also hope he puts me on something other than Lamictal, cause I think that's the cause of my perma-headache.

But I won't quit my meds. Jesus, Adam and I were talking about how messed up we both were a few years ago, and it just made me remember how absolutely nuts I was. Besides the daily drinking and partying, I was off my meds and in a horrible job. That's the year I tried to kill myself, too. Man, I have a lot of amends for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment