Sunday, November 21, 2010

Carolyn Hax is always right


"Feeling bitterness is essentially conceding that the end of the story has been written--but until you actually stop breathing you don't know that it's the end."

Carolyn Hax is always a good person to go to for advice. Someone wrote in about being bitter about where her career is taking her, and Carolyn said that. "Bitterness is conceding the end of the story."

It's not the end of the story for me. It's the beginning of the journey to a new future - one I may not have imagined. One I couldn't have imagined. It might be really different from how I pictured, which is probably good. I wasn't sure where I was going before, so it's not so different from right now, now is it?

It's not the end of the story, and the journey is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment