Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Building a social network


My therapist thinks it's important for me to start building a social network. She's right, you know. I only really have Adam, as my other close friend is really busy raising a child. I have some AA people, but I don't hang out with them, I just go to meetings. I suppose I should make more friends in AA and have them actually be "friends."

It's hard, though, because I don't know where I'll be living. I'm not sure yet, so it puts me in limbo with a lot of things. I don't know where to register my car, or start going to regular meetings, or make friends.

Sometimes it's nice to make friends at work, so that will be a pool I can mine. I do think AA will be helpful. It's hard now, because I don't want to rely on Adam too much. He's got his own life, and I don't want to be needy or anything. But I do enjoy talking with him. He's a smart and funny cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment