Sunday, October 31, 2010

I should quit while I'm ahead


Annnnnd... now I'm eating too much. What's up with my dopamine? I thought my drugs had a big half-life. Or it could be that the last time I ate was at 5 and it's midnight. I could just be hungry. But I'm paranoid and live by the DSM. Sigh.

I wish I could stop spending so much money, eating so much, ignoring my running, smoking cigarettes. I suppose to have things wrong with me these aren't horrible, besides the smoking. Smoking sucks. My dad caught me again. My friends drunk dialed me and passed the phone around, and I went to talk to them on the porch to smoke a cigarette. Apparently while I was outside my dad came home. He just smirked at me when I came back in. Sigh.

And I know the shopping will make me feel better for a minute once I get the package, but it's all the same. Feel better, wear it, feel better, stuff it in closet with the rest of the clothes, shop more. And I'm running out of hangars. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I've been in that place where everything feels up in the air and I revert to old behaviors to make me feel better. ... The only thing that works for me is to recognize self-will when I'm engaging in it, and ask for it to be taken away from me. Believe me, I know where you are...

    ReplyDelete