Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh, sleep


"Results show that extroverts who were exposed to 12 hours of social interaction were more vulnerable to subsequent sleep deprivation than those who were exposed to an identical period of isolated activity."

I hate going out at night. I usually end up staying up way too late when I get home. I just feel overwhelmed by the energy. I get a lot of energy from hanging out in crowds, some nervous energy, some because I'm an extrovert.

I didn't used to be an extrovert. I was, I think, when I was younger, and I've never been afraid of anything (except cockroaches and silverfish, but not "afraid" just creeped out). I went through a period of really low self-esteem where I was a crazy introvert for a while. But I do have a bubbly kind of personality, and I think I attract interesting people by being outgoing.

So maybe in order to sleep what I need to do is slow down from maybe 9pm on. Just calm down and not go to meetings or hang out with other people. Turn off the tv and read. Maybe that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment