Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On the job front


Had another interview this morning. A nice company, and someone who seems like a nice boss, though a little hyperactive and chatty. The only problem is it would be a step back for me. I don't think I would take it, as it also has some of the qualities I've hated in other jobs. A lot of database work and administrative tasks, which are so boring. And arranging travel.

At my first job I arranged travel for my boss and his boss, and I was told never to do it again. I tried to save the company money despite the fact that the flights were at annoying times from far airports. What? Saving money is a big thing for me. So arranging travel again just makes me not want to take the job. They wouldn't be ready to offer anything until Thanksgiving, anyway, and hopefully I'll have some other offers in by then.

I have another interview tomorrow, and it looks so far like the second one on my list. It's a manager position, which is something I would like to continue doing. It looks like a good match, but we'll see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment