Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sigh. Kool-aid


Adam finally got back to reading this blog and just called to yell at me for the last post and my confession of not going to meetings. "You get out of it what you put in to it." I know, I know. And I know I need to put more into it. And of course, he called me on being kind of distant from AA because I don't like it here as much as I did there. "Just try it, drink the Kool-Aid for a year and if you don't like it I'll gladly refund your money."

Ok, but I'm not interested in any Kool-Aid. I would like to get back to meetings, I would like to do the steps with a sponsor, but I'm not interested in making AA my life. I would like to make it a part of my life that is important, but not everything and every friend and everyday. I suppose right now is a good time to get really into AA since I have nothing else to do. So I'll go to meetings and I'll finish my fourth step (even though I have to do it again with a new sponsor). I'll give to it what I want to get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment