Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yes, there is a love addicts anonymous


Really, Love addict totally nails it for me. "Enters relationship in haze of fantasy--found this stable, strong, accepting individual." "Love addict acts out anger & revenge, turns to affairs and addictive sex." "Line up next relationship before leaving current one--forming love triangles. Instant closeness, looking for “magic” feeling."

Sigh. Yes, there is a love addicts anonymous, and they have 40 questions about whether or not you are a love addict. "More than once, you have carried a torch for someone and it was agonizing." Sigh, two. I have that unhealthy obsession with Adam we've talked about. I totally want him and he doesn't want me. I agonize over why he doesn't want me. I think about it and daydream, and dream, about the day we'll be together. And it makes me crazy. These are totally love addict responses.

So what to do? I'm sure as hell not going to go to more meetings, even if there were some in the area. I have enough trouble hitting AA meetings. So what do I do? I'm sure someone out there would say to use the steps. Do a sex inventory. Make amends to all the people I've cheated on (all of them except Adam). Most of my amends list is just these boys anyway. I suppose it's time to start working on my co-dependency problem.

A lot of the info out there talks about not being able to let go; remaining friends with all your exes; keeping them in love with you. I do that. Michael admitted he's still in love with me, and I do everything to keep it that way. We have sex when I see him (though we hadn't for months), I let him take me out to dinner, etc. I'm great friends with all of my exes, even the fiance I left and cheated on. I don't know why, but he still talks to me. A lot of them talk about how I'm the one who got away. They're crazy! I was a manipulative bitch who cheated on them, and they all know it!

Love addict. Co-dependent. Totally makes more sense than commitment-phobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment