Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sober, not somber


I went to that holiday party tonight. The one I was going to bail out of. My dad convinced me to go. "Cathy and Laura are both pregnant, so they won't be drinking. And I don't drink. Plus, you've got to learn how to be around people who drink. Just have some water, it's what I do." He's a smart man, my pop.

So I went, and it was fine. The boys were all drinking home brewed beer, and I had a moment of panic when they didn't have diet Coke, but I was fine with water and cookies. I think my cousin had A beer the whole time, and Mike maybe had two. So it was basically a sober evening. And you know what? It was still fun! We were able to laugh and play with my baby cousin without being drunk. We watched old movies and Yo Gabba Gabba.

Oh, and I ate my share of cookies. I had a sugar cookie, a chocolate chip cookie, one of those ones with a Hershey kiss in the middle....

No comments:

Post a Comment