Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just let it go


I am having so much trouble turning my will and my life over, yet I'm not. I know this job thing is something that He's going to take care of in his own way and time, but I'm so impatient! I just want to know now, whether that's a yes or a no. I don't want to waste more time sitting here if I could be packing, renting an apartment, or even transferring my mail. There's so much to do when you move, especially when you move cross-country, and I'm a planner. You can't really plan when you don't know the plan.

And I think that's the point of step three. Turn your will and your life over to the care of God: stop planning so much. Sure, everyone needs to know their next three steps in order to do the things they need to do, but let God tell you the ultimate destination. It's all in His hands, anyway. Best laid plans, and such.

So I'm trying to make a concerted effort to keep saying, "God? You know I want this, but I'll wait for you to tell me one way or another. Please don't take too long." Why? Because no matter what, I'm still impatient. Character defect #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment