Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My sponsor sometimes pisses me off


I'm beginning to get a resentment against my sponsor. She's not really around much, and likes to cancel appointments. I know she's busy, and I've cut her a lot of slack, but it just seems like every time we're supposed to meet, something comes up in her life. Hm. So I'm beginning to develop a resentment. How do you talk about a resentment against your own sponsor?

I know I could switch sponsors, but I just don't know if I want to fire her just yet. She is a nice person, and has a lot of years of sobriety. She's active in the community, and has a lot of contacts in the fellowship. It seems like she has what I want.

I'm going to have to go over the resentment list with my therapist for step five. She's a nice safe place to do it, and I know she won't judge me. I trust her. Thank God I finally have a good therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment