Thursday, September 2, 2010

Running strengthens the mind


Obviously exercise is good for you, but it might also be good for your depression. They did a study pitting those on meds and those who exercised against each other and came up with this:

"...approximately 60% more in the exercise group than those in the medication group who had recovered, and there were about six times more in the medication group who had relapsed compared to the exercise group."

Relapse being having an episode, me thinks. I've got to get back to running. It always makes me feel good. I've been running on the weekends, but not during the week. My gym is closed for repairs this week, anyway. I've been going to meetings during lunch instead of working out, so it's sobriety vs. exercise. I think exercise might help with the sobriety as well, so perhaps I can skip two meetings a week and work out instead. Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment