Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fellowship of AA


"The reality is, you can't just put the drink or the drug down. Something has to go with it – people need support as well."

Fellowship is an important part of AA. When you feel that need for a drink coming on, you can always pick up the phone and talk to another alcoholic. When you've got to go to a function with alcohol, take another alcoholic with you. Being together often helps you overcome that urge, and you can take comfort in the person standing beside you.

I've found a good group of women in AA thus far. There's one woman who I've noticed has been missing the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if she's just busy on Monday nights now, or if she's relapsed. She was having a tough time, but was 90 days in. She went on a long vacation, and I wonder if that triggered her to drink. I'll have to ask the ladies on Monday if they've seen her. Or you know what? I'll call her now. It's one of the things you can do for another alcoholic: call them.

I wonder how I'm going to find that fellowship again if I move. Do I just announce at a meeting that I need numbers? Someone did that this Sunday, so I suppose it's alright. I'll just walk in somewhere and ask about a women's meeting as well. I love those meetings the best. It's so comfortable to be in the presence of women who've been through what I've been through, and have what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment