Friday, September 3, 2010

Montana here I come


I should really go to bed. I have to get up at 4am tomorrow to catch my flight to Montana, and a long day ahead of me. We don't get in until 3pm, and then have to drive an hour to the park. It's just Michael and I hanging out, since no one else wanted to go. It'll be interesting, since he's totally an alcoholic, but I'm buying lots of diet Coke when we get there, and I have enough cigarettes to last me through the weekend. This will be my first camping trip where I haven't gotten wasted. I wonder if the mosquitoes will bother me more or less? I'll have less sugar in my system and more carbon dioxide from the bubbles. I think they like carbon dioxide.

Last time Michael and I went camping we were attempting to run a 5k in a national park near here. We set up camp, proceeded to get wasted, overslept, and missed the run. That's pretty typical of all my experiences with Michael: wasted, oversleep, miss something. He's perpetually late, and if I think I'm going to be late I just call and say I'm not coming. I hate being late.

We're sleeping in the same tent, and I don't know if the smell of alcohol on him is going to bug me. It doesn't make me want to drink. In fact, it just solidifies my non-drinking mission. Alcohol seeping out of someone is really gross smelling. Despite the smoking, my sense of smell has gotten better since I quit drinking. Maybe I'll spray him with Febreeze before we go to bed. At least I have my own sleeping bag so I can cover up my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment