Thursday, September 2, 2010

Expectations on the rise


"'When you let go of the way you believe things are supposed to be, you free yourself from negativity....the perpetual disappointment, doubt, and frustration that come when things don't turn out as you thought they would,' I realize that is where I need to shift my focus starting right now. I am only feeling self-doubt because my expectations of people, places, and things are off the chart. I can only control my actions and no one else's, and really in the end, it is god's will, not mine, that is in charge."

Words of wisdom. My expectations for this interview are really high, and I'm putting a lot of weight on it. But when I let go and let God take charge, I can begin to relax a little. There's nothing I can do any longer to effect the outcome of the process. I just need to be patient and be happy whichever way it turns out.

Talked to Emily today about moving, and she thinks it's a really good idea. She was one of the people who convinced me to move here in the first place, and now she thinks I've been here long enough. Funny girl. It'll be nice, because I'll be closer to her and able to meet her baby. Important stuff.

So I'm going to relax and try not to think about it at all this weekend. I'm going to a national park in Montana to hike and check out the scenery. I need to focus on where my feet are, not where my head is.

No comments:

Post a Comment