Sunday, January 30, 2011

Detatchment with love


Adam came over to give me a hug and see how I was doing. As he left, he told me he was "detaching with love." Ok, I've heard that before, but it is normally used as a synonym for loving you from a distance, no?

"We take responsibility for ourselves; we allow others to do the same. We detach with the understanding that life is unfolding exactly as it needs to, for others and ourselves. The way life unfolds is good, even when it hurts."


Right, so it's letting go of the other person and letting the chips fall where they may. It means he's been talking about me at therapy. He was saying how he's worried about me, but he's not going to take it on. "You can call me, you know." I know. But it's so hard to reach out to anyone. I don't know what to say; don't know what I need.

I was wary of physical contact when he said he was coming over. I feel so weird right now and I didn't think I could handle touch. It wasn't bad. I felt a little more relaxed, and he made me laugh a few times. I'm glad he didn't stay too long, though. I don't really feel up to interactions.

What the hell am I going to do on Tuesday during the interview? I hope I can pull it together by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment