Sunday, January 30, 2011

Zyprexa wants me to gain weight


I can feel my body pushing up against my jeans, wanting to burst out the other side. All around the hips the pants are pushing in and up, making burbles of fat roll over my waistline. I swear these pants used to fit. I wore them last week and they weren't this tight. I have a serious problem, here. If these pants don't fit, what about all my work pants?

It's only been 3 days on the Zyprexa and already I can't stop eating. I feel fatter by the moment.

"The average weight gain for an adult or adolescent patient on Zyprexa is 20 pounds in three months. Some patients have put on as much as 60 pounds. 90% of patients on Zyprexa not only put on weight, but on excessive weight." Read that again. See it? 90%. 90. That's almost everyone. Makes me want to give up now.

They use Zyprexa for anorexics because it makes you eat (and, of course, it does other good things). It's like smoking pot and getting the munchies. You don't know what you want, but you'll try a taste of everything just to see if it's good, and then you can't go wasting it....

I wish I could say I didn't care, and just let it do it's thing, but I do care. I don't want to gain weight. Again, we're back to square one: exercise. I can't eat any better, since I'm living on good foods (and the occasional ice cream sandwich or kit kat), but I can exercise. God, just thinking about it is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment