Monday, January 31, 2011

Give a girl a drink


I am so thirsty. It's like a desert in here and I'm crawling towards the water hole, griping the sand with my fingernails and pulling with all my might. I am so thirsty.

Because it's what I do, I started Googling side effects to see which one is causing the thirst. I was betting on lithium, and I think I'm right. Side effects are:

- thirst

- frequent urination

- weight gain

- mild hand tremors


And guess who's lucky and has all of those? I have to pee constantly, even when I'm not drinking any fluids at all. So this morning I chugged a few bottles of water and some coffee, but I'm still standing here thirsty as hell and worried about eating. They say people often mistake the thirst cues for hunger. Of course, if you're taking in tons of salts (lithium is a salt) and not enough water, then you're going to be thirsty.

I've already eaten yogurt, cereal, cheese, and a Twix bar and I've only been up for 2 and a half hours. And I'm salivating. I think it might be thirst, but look at all the food I've eaten, too. No wonder it causes weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment