Friday, March 11, 2011

A birth day


Wow, I slept till 1:30pm today! That's pretty crazy. I've been waking up later and later every day the past couple weeks. My alarm is set for 9am, and I always get up and turn it off, but then go back to bed. Usually I'll sleep till 10 and then get up, but I just keep actually falling back asleep and staying in bed. I don't know what's up with that.

So my birthday was full of Mediterranean food and mud. I went to the spa and had the mud wrap. An older Persian lady slathered me with mud and then wrapped me in towels and dimmed the lights. "Try to take a nap," she said, and boy did I. The music was odd and distracting, but I think I got a little sleep in there. Then she hosed me down with warm water and covered me in oil. I felt like a princess getting a bath.

Next step: pedicure and manicure. My toes and fingers are bright, almost fluorescent, coral colored. I really like the way they all look clean and bright. They're all the same size, too, which is different. My nails are always bitten or funky looking and dirty. But not today!

After, I went to Starbucks cause I hadn't had any coffee yet, and they were giving away free treats. A birthday treat! So I had a whoppee pie and a peppermint latte. Perfect. When I got home, my dad too me out for Mediterranean food - lamb and kafta kabobs and baklava. Then, I took my nap. I'm a napper. By the time I got up it was dinner time and my aunt treated me to more Med. food. This time falafal and dolmas. We ordered an ice cream cake with my name on it, which had those little crunchy cookie pieces in it.

All in all, not Europe, but a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment