Saturday, March 12, 2011

Keep an eye on those girls


Watch your daughters friend choices.

"The findings show that girls tend to initiate the transition to a mixed-gender friendship network earlier than boys, and continue this transition at a faster pace during adolescence. As a result girls who experienced this transition early and fast were more likely to develop substance abuse problems during late adolescence."


I always tried to make guy friends, and I had a lot of guy friends in my neighborhood. I definitely pursued boys in order to be friends with them, and, of course, a lot of those friendships turned sexual. And I got a lot of my drugs from these older guys. But I always knew I was going to be a trouble maker. Since I was little I knew I'd be tattooed and drug-using. I always thought I'd either be dead or married with kids by now. Turns out I'm neither, and not using anymore, either. Who woulda thunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment