Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthdays a comin


Well, it's birthday week. I'm taking myself to a spa on my birthday instead of to the beach. Even Jennifer gave me crap for thinking of it. "It's like the Awakening!" Remember that book? The depressed woman wanders off into the ocean to die? I hated that book when I first read it because I knew instinctively that was my mom. And now here I am, playing off the damn book. So I'm not going to the beach.

I am getting a mud wrap, a manicure, and a pedicure. I think it'll be lovely. Then I'll treat myself out to lunch somewhere in the city. My aunt wants to have dinner with me, and she has to babysit the 2 and 2 month old at the same time. Not exactly my idea of fun, but you do what you gotta do.

How's the rest of the week going? Frustrating. I'm doing some side work for a company so I'm procrastinating right now, but I'll get it done. I was supposed to hear from the place up north yesterday and haven't yet, so I just emailed her again. I hope the place here doesn't call me this week. Why? I really don't want that job.

I know, I know, I'm sick of looking and I'm broke and I need to move out of here, but I don't want a job I don't like. And if I've got unemployment to cover me then I don't HAVE to take it... but I'm sure I would if they offered it. I just need something. I can't live like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment