Thursday, March 10, 2011

Volunteering could help


"The feeling of being unemployed comes from the idea that your job was somehow permanent in the first place. The only permanence in this life comes from the relationships you make that serve something bigger. Find your place in a neighborhood group of some kind."

Jesus, it's hard being unemployed. Having a job is having a social network, a place to go to escape home, financial stability, and more. Being unemployed is super stressful. But a few places suggest volunteering as a way to feel better. Julie has been trying to get me to do it, too, but I don't want to commit to something and then have to stop cause I got a job. But I have to stop thinking like that. It's been 6 months. I have to start seeing reality, not what ifs.

So right now I have all the time in the world. I should pick a charity or organization and volunteer. What about the zoo? I like the zoo here. It's really cool, and I know how to work special events. I used to work events in college. I could do that. Or the ballet. I used to be an usher at a theater. I could do that, too. Hell, I could do both.

I don't want to, though. I want a fucking job.

No comments:

Post a Comment