Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring cleaning


I was reading more on stuff to add for Lent, and this site had an interesting thing: pick a theme. One was simplicity. "Simplicity - Simplify your life by getting rid of material goods that are not giving you joy. You can make a goal to donate, sell, or get rid of an item each day of Lent."

All the things that don't give you joy. Wow. I like that. So I think it's time to take some trash bags and go through my storage facility. I tried to do it today, but I forgot bags and empty boxes for excess stuff. I managed to grab one box and give mom half (it had canned goods). When I left I was in such a hurry that I just threw everything into boxes. And I mean EVERYTHING. If there was a dust bunny on the floor it probably ended up in storage.

So I need to go through and get rid of some things. I'm sure it's chock full of crap. I did get rid of those 5 boxes of books, but I found two more boxes of books under the kitchen stuff. And do I need all that kitchen stuff? Do I need my window shades? I mean, really. They fit two specifically sized windows, and they're not even the same size. I like them though. They give me joy.

This is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment