Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Down on the farm


I'm back at work in the store tonight, which is fine, cause that's another $40 towards my tattoo. I don't have to take anything out of checking to pay for it, which is nice, and I can give a good tip.

There's a Frenchman that comes down and buys wine all the time, and he was surprised when I pronounced his name correctly the first time. Tonight, as he left, he said, "Bon soir." I replied in kind, and he whipped around and said, "Even your accent is good. I think you don't give yourself enough credit." Then he tried to talk to me in French and I just said, "Je ne parle pas de Francais," which is the best I can do. Anyway, it made me happy that all those French lessons at least gave me a good accent. I think if I studied vocabulary I could probably do alright.

It's only 5 and I've already done all the sweeping up and laundry I can do....

No comments:

Post a Comment