Monday, March 7, 2011

Little green monster


My best friend Emily is also bipolar. Other than that, we have very little in common, especially now. Why is she still my best friend? You know, it's just one of those unexplainable connections. Anyway, right now I'm super jealous of her. Sure, she's got the husband and the kid, which is cool but probably not going to be my life. That I'm ok with. But she just got promoted and moved halfway around the world for her job. Now THAT makes me burn green.

I've always wanted to travel for work. I am also unemployed, which makes the jealousy sting a little bit. But I'm trying to be supportive. I'm cheering for her via Facebook and commenting on the videos she's posting. I'm planning to go see her once I get a job and can take a vacation from it. I'm watching the weather over there and hoping her curly hair can stay down and not frizz too much. But man am I jealous.

I suppose it's a natural emotion when someone close to you gets something you want and you don't even have anything close to it. I will probably never travel for work in the line of work I've chosen. I hardly get to get out of the office at all, let alone move for a job. It might also help that she's been in the same company since she graduated college. I tend to move once a year. I know, it's not good, but I don't have the attention span for long-term commitments.

I'm just going to sit here and pout for a minute. Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment