Sunday, January 23, 2011

An apt app


It's really nice to have an iPad. I'm not the queen of new gadgets, by far, and I never even thought about getting an iPad, but my dad got me one for Christmas, God bless him. I've never had so much fun! I've found podcasts and tv shows that I can watch and listen to anywhere, including places there is no internet. Amazing, I know. So I'm a little behind....

But yesterday I found an app for AA that's a Big Book companion. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I figured it would be good to have some AA material while I'm at work, just in case I get the urge to study.

So here I am, down in the cold basement of the building, alone, and trying to do other things in between tv episodes. So I opened up the app and loe and behold... it's a Big Book! The whole damn thing. Third edition, but still. Stories, Bill, Dr. Bob, all of it. And, it has a sobriety calculator and a contact list for every state and most cities AA intergroup. So if you're in Des Moines and need to find a meeting, this app tells you their phone number and website. How awesome. I'll never have an excuse to miss a meeting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment