Monday, January 24, 2011

Once an addict...


“Caffeine-induced psychosis, whether it be delirium, manic depression, schizophrenia, or merely an anxiety syndrome, in most cases will be hard to differentiate from organic or non-organic psychoses….

The treatment for caffeine-induced psychosis is to withhold further caffeine.”
Duh.

If you're a conspiracy theorist, I think this site is awesome. "Thousands are in mental institutions today because of no greater matter than that of the use of caffeine." I mean, they're right, caffeine isn't so hot for crazy people. It exacerbates your symptoms by making you even more anxious, but I don't know if I believe that people get themselves hospitalized because of it. I know all the caffeine I drink has got to be bad for me, but screw it, I've got nothing left. I'm not going to limit myself and be one of those people who takes in no toxic substances (I would have to quit meds, too). I just want to enjoy my life, and coffee makes me happy. Sure, I could cut out soda, and I will someday. Not right now. Look what happens when I cut out all my crutches? I go crazy and have nothing to lean on.

Let's not demonize everything. I understand, everything in moderation, and I suck at moderation, but let me have my caffeine! I suppose no one but me is talking about taking it away. There's no one out there pressuring me to stop drinking coffee. No one is saying, "Anne, you've obviously got a problem with caffeine." There's no support group for coffee-heads. I'm just all up in my head about everything. Feeling crazy and need something to blame? Let's look at your caffeine intake.

Sometimes the internet isn't good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment