Sunday, January 23, 2011

If it weren't for the internet...


Thank God for technology. I've never worked alone before, and definitely never where there weren't customers for hours at a time. I think I've had 5 people since 9am, and each transaction takes seconds, so that's a lot of time alone. Usually I'd be napping or roaming the internet, but I'm trying not to use this computer a lot.

There's a few big problems with this job besides the loneliness. 1) It's a grocery store and I'm bored, so what am I doing? Walking around looking for something to eat. 2) Working alone means you shouldn't drink too much. Unfortuntely I've had coffee, a Red Bull, and diet Coke, and now I have to pee. 3) I have no idea when Mesfin comes in. He's next on the schedule, and the boss man said, "I don't know, 2, sometimes 3?" Which is super helpful.

There's a womens meeting at 4pm at the club that I'd like to try out. I need to meet up with some women and get a support group going.

No comments:

Post a Comment