Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh so heavy


I feel like my tongue is dead. A big, useless piece of flesh is resting on the bottom of my mouth between my teeth; just lying there in peace, content to be unresponsive. And the fuzz. Wool has started to grow between my ears. There's a giant cotton ball being fluffed to brain-sized dimensions and spread out like a blanket inside my head.

I couldn't think of the word receipt.

I slept through my alarm.

I'm starving, but I've already eaten. Actually, it's not hunger, it's the need to keep my mouth moving so it doesn't sew itself shut. Each moment I don't open it, the heavy my tongue feels. It's like I can't even open it. My jaw is heavy, too.

As I stand here at the computer, I get the feeling I may topple over. Just lean a little too far to one side and down I'll go, straight down like a tree that's been chopped. It's taking all the effort I have to stay standing - if I sit I know I'm going to curl up in the chair and sleep.

Day 2 of Zyprexa, lithium, and Celexa.

No comments:

Post a Comment