Monday, July 12, 2010

I resent the fact that you suck



Sometimes you just can't help but develop resentments. My boss sucks. He's really smart, but he's totally an egotistical jerk. He will put down your work in a passing fashion, and say outright that if he did it it would be better - perfect, even.

So I had a four hour meeting with him this morning and totally developed a resentment. I took a look at it a minute ago, and realized what I was really worried about was my performance in his eyes, and scared that he thought I wasn't doing a good job. Fear. It all seems to come back to fear.

I have therapy tonight, and it's a good night for it. I've got to start making breakthroughs into what I'm really feeling inside. Everything is so blocked off that I can't help but stuff feelings down moments after I feel them. Fear is a scary one! I already lack confidence in myself, and that sure doesn't help.

What do you do about things like that? I know, I know, offer it up. So God, help me to feel better about things like feeling my feelings and not taking personally other people's opinions, even my boss' feelings about my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment