Monday, July 12, 2010

I love those crazy kids



Adam and I were walking along the boardwalk the other day, and this drunk, high as a kite guy looked at me and said, "You're gorgeous!"

Ok, so unsolicited compliments are fucking awesome. But it made me think. What kinds of things have I said when completely uninhibited by self control? What kind of hurtful or crazy things have I said when I was drunk or high? How do you go back and do amends when you were so drunk you blacked out?

I sure hope most of my comments were like his. I was always a happy drunk, until I blacked out, but then I only hated myself.

Hating yourself really sucks. Ever since I got sober I've loved myself a little more. My meds are finally working, and I'm happy, for once. I feel at peace in myself and with my decision to get sober. It may be one of the best decisions I've ever made. And now, I can make more decisions with a clear head and a higher power that will guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment