Sunday, July 11, 2010

My grandma is a genius.



My little old British grandmother sent me an awesome card today. I'm just going to repeat it verbatim and you can imagine it in the accent:

"It takes practise, practise, practise!!! However, once mastered it is oh so worth while to know that you are only the co-pilot. God is in charge of your life - then the burden of decisions is lifted. It works for me. I do not worry over bridges I may never have to cross."

She's a genius. Let go and let God, or as she always told me, offer it up. Let God into your life and let him take control. Know that all you have control over is your reaction to things, not the things themselves.

Life turns out the way it's supposed to, and you only get in the way when you try to control it. Relax, and let the world form around you.

This doesn't mean you are excused from making decisions or taking actions, but consultation with God and your inner soul make good sense. It never makes sense to sit in stasis. You have to move - you have to live. Life is too short to sit around waiting for things to come to you. God will present them, and you just have to make the decision to grab on for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment