Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting closer to your God



God, God, God. I know. This isn't a God blog, but it just seems like it lately. I'll try to complain about something else next. Or not be so damn positive.

A woman at the meeting this afternoon talked about how she moved to this area to be closer to her God. This area is beautiful - mountains and oceans and sunshine. There's lots to do year round outside, and wonderful cultural events all over the area. It really is a wonderful place to live.

When you look around, it's inspiring. God made all of this! (Or higher power, if you like.) These landscapes and creatures. One of my favorite sayings is, "And that's why God made ___." Like, "I need to stay awake. Well, that's why God made coffee." I use it liberally.

I'm so glad I came here. Sunshine is great for depression, and the moderate weather makes everyday an available day for doing something outdoors. There's never snow, not a lot of rain (to the dismay of the the reservoirs). It's just beautiful all the time. And God made it for all of us. He (she/it or as Cylindra says, doorknob) created this in order for us to have a sense of His being in our lives. So take advantage of it! Wherever you are it's summer (in the U.S.), so take a look around you and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment