Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wow, God works fast



This morning I talked about not making changes in your first year. And then something amazing happened.

A recruiter just called me from a staffing firm and said she thinks I'd be good for this position in the city that would pay me between $67 and $80,000! That's a shit ton more than I'm making now. Like, by a lot. It's an officer position, which is where I want to move to in my career. I'm going to call her back and chat about it, and see what company it is with.

And then, a friend of mine forwarded a posting for a light-filled apartment in my town that has a backyard for my dog and big windows for me. Everyone says my apartment is depressing, dark, and cold, and has been trying to convince me to move out. The rent is more, but if I had a new job I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Is this God talking? I know you're not supposed to make changes, but if God hands you something, don't you have to grab on? Why say no to the gifts that God gives? I'm going to do a little exploring and see if any of this will happen, but really, I'm humbled by his aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment