Saturday, July 17, 2010

So lonely without my old buddy



And, I'm still talking! Hooray! If you're awake too, congrats, you've found my very rambley brain this evening. Don't even bother reading everything I've written today, it's all crap. Well, no, it's kinda fun, but there's A LOT of it. And I'm not done yet.

So I was just talking about loneliness. Of course, there's a WikiHow for that. There's one for everything. It says, "Many times it isn't the partner or friend you are missing, but the activities and hobbies you shared."

A-ha moment! I miss booze!! That's why I'm lonely! I'm used to having my buddy old pal wine glass here with me while I surf the internet for random words that come to my mind. I'm used to bringing the bottle out of the kitchen and into the living room to accompany me from waking to oblivion. I'm used to stumbling into my bedroom and almost hitting my head on the cabinet in order to pass out in bed. Ah, booze, I sure do miss the hobbies we shared.

Let's reminisce: Booze, you and I used to go out into the backyard at 5 o'clock with a cigarette and watch the November sun setting. You and I used to sit around the campfire and watch the moths get zapped. We would finish our time together and then crush cans or collect corks. Together, we would walk the neighborhood watching other people watch TV at night. Booze, remember when you and I would sit on the beach? You in your flask and me in my fleece. We would stare at the city beyond and dream about stars. Oh, booze. We did so much together. What romantic times we had!

And yes, booze, together you and I got up the courage to talk to boys. We got up the courage to sing karaoke and to stay up all night discussing philosophy in slurring tones. We would stumble together into the next bar, or through the field looking for a place to pee. Booze, we would share moments alone and with others. You stole my heart from the very beginning.

And now, you're gone. You've left me for another. Well, technically, I left you. I broke your heart, and now I'm gone. I'm seeing someone else. His name is God, and he says I shouldn't see you any more. You're only trouble. Oh, booze. What about the good times we had? Why couldn't they all be like that? Why did we have to fight so? I'm sorry, but I have to let you go. I miss you, but I'm not coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment