Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ah, to sleep, perchance to dream


I can't sleep. I know if I lie down I'll be tired, but I just can't make myself do it. All I want is a damn shower, but our water heaters are still without gas, and I'm too chicken for a cold shower. I just like to sit in the hot water and think. It's my thinking spot.

I'm nervous. Not about being home; that's going to be great. I miss all those people so much, and I can't wait to have a million dinner dates. I have friends all over the place, and now I have time to drive out to see them. I can go visit a lot of folks! See how 5 years has changed their lives, too. That, I'm excited about.

I'm nervous about leaving. Am I making the right decision? I can honestly say, yes. I think I am. But that doesn't make me less nervous about all of it.

And I'm still a little scared. The future is so unknown. Wow, just typing that. The future is so unknown. The world can be an unfair place at times (as just sung on the radio, weird), but it can also hand you all sorts of opportunities when you're not expecting them. Perhaps this is my big break? Perhaps this is just the turn I've been waiting for. It's all going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment