Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bring it all!


What can I get rid of? Do I need all this furniture?

Let's see. My couch and chair. They are kind of hideous, and the couch is not comfortable. But I love them. They're old, forties style construction in a gross, shiny yellow-green color. Hard to describe, really. The cushions need restuffing, badly. But they make me happy. Stay.

Screen. Stays.

Bookshelf. Stays. It's from World Market, and I love them. I wish I had 3.

Trunks. Stay. One is from when I drove a friend cross-country for her move. We stopped at every little antique shop along the way because she's a collector. We added some stuff to her already full Penske, and I got a beautiful old steamer trunk in Missouri. It was $45 and perfect. I refinished it, and added Mexican tiles to the top. The other one came from the side of the road in the city. When I first moved here and lived in the city, I came down a hill one day and saw this big, beautiful steamer trunk on out in front of my neighbor's house with a free sign on it. It was in disrepair and smelled (still does) of mothballs. I took it home and spent a long weekend completely refinishing it. I love them both. Stay.

Bed. Hm. I could get rid of the bed. You can always get a new bed. Let's think about this one a little.

Dresser. Another freebie, but it's made of solid wood, and you just don't find that nowadays.

I'm a pack rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment