Sunday, September 12, 2010

How do you organize your thoughts?


There was a neat thing on PostSecret this week about organizing your thoughts. The postcard said, "I love looking at people's garages because it shows how they organize their thoughts."

My garage is super clean in my part of it, with just things in tidy boxes, a tv, and a stationary bike. But my house is another matter. Everything is in it's place, but it's pretty dirty. I haven't done a deep clean since Adam was here in July. It's September. I need to vacuum, there are dishes in the sink, there's an eggplant waiting to go into compost, and dust is collecting on my books. I need to do laundry, too.

So what does that say about me? I'm organized but lazy? Maybe. I do organize my thoughts pretty well, using Excel, calendars, and more. But sometimes I'm lax about doing the regular things. I like to do the big things, the serious jumps that scare you, but the day to day bores me. Ah, patience again. I need to be where my feet are, and follow through on the everyday responsibilities no matter how boring they may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment