Sunday, September 12, 2010

Everything is better sober


It's amazing what you can do when you're not hungover.

Instead of standing out on the hockey field sweating out booze and having an incredibly slow reaction time, I was able to move around, stop balls, and basically not break a sweat in 10lbs of gear and standing in direct sun. I feel great! I had no idea how much my hangover was holding me back in everything I did.

I always told myself no drinking on Saturday nights so I would be ready for hockey, but that never happened. It was one of the nights I was able to limit myself, most of the time, but I could never go without a drink. And even if I ever did, my reaction time was still really slow.

I feel like I'm a better asset to the team, now. And a better asset to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment