Friday, September 17, 2010

Life on life's terms


Oh, life, what wrenches you throw. There are a lot of platitudes out there, and I'm thankful for them, but they sure as hell don't help right now. I'm starting to feel a little depressed, but I think it's just situational, because some moments I'm just fine. Sometimes I feel good about all the things that are happening right now. It's a whole new world; an opportunity for anything. I could go back to school. I could get my graduate degree and start a whole new career.

I could change career paths. How amazing that would be. I was feeling disgruntled with my current path, anyway, so maybe this is my chance to change. It's frightening to think I would be unemployed for two years and incur all sorts of debt, but it might be a really good idea. I'll look into it.

Or I could travel some more. That would be a little irresponsible, considering I still have to make car and insurance payments, but I do have a little money. I could go back to Europe, or even to South America. I could spend a month backpacking across Chile and Argentina. I could do anything I want to do.

Everything is open to me right now. Let's see if I can take advantage of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment