Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's Friday night and I'm no longer alone


So I have this tv show I watch with my girls every Friday night. It's been off for the summer, but it starts again next week. We got together tonight to watch the last of last season just to catch up. They made my favorite dinner, and we sat around and chatted about everyone's summer and my leaving.

Man, I'm going to miss those girls. They were hard to find, but I'm so grateful to have every one of them in my life. They are all such different people, but all so giving and loving. Not a bad bone in any of them.

It's good to have good people on your side. They are all sad, but that's understandable. I'm a big part of their lives, as they are and always will be of mine. We communicate via email a lot since I stopped working where they work (my previous, previous job), so it won't be too much of a shock not to see them everyday. But Fridays. Fridays were our nights to get together and review the week. To share secrets, and dreams, and hopes. To build our little community and spread love amongst us. I need that. I need the love of good women in my life. I'm going to do everything I can to keep in touch regularly, and keep them a part of my every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment